Advanced Clinical Practitioner
To support the delivery of IPC clinical services, including but not limited to GP Access Hubs and Urgent Treatment Centres.
- Responsible to: IPC Service Manager and ACP Development Lead
- Location: Various across Coastal West Sussex
- Salary: £28.39 - £39.65 per hour
- Hours: Fixed or Bank positions available
- Service area: Clinical Services
The post holder will be either an experienced Nurse (Advanced Nurse Practitioner) or Paramedic (Practitioner) who will need to demonstrate critical thinking, be caring, compassionate and committed to delivering excellent patient care for service users. The post holder will be responsible for providing clinical support to IPC Clinical services, in line with existing contractual agreements.
- Independently assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis
- Clinically examine and assess patient needs from a physiological and psychological perspective, and plan clinical care using evidence-based practice.
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice
- Work with patients in order to support compliance with and adherence to prescribed treatments
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care and patient education
- Support and manage health needs of women presenting for family planning or sexual health consultation
- Assess, identify and refer patients presenting with mental health needs in accordance with the NSF for Mental Health
- Recognise and work within own competence and professional code of conduct as regulated by the NMC/HCPC seeking advice when required and referring onto relevant health professionals/agencies
- Produce accurate, contemporaneous and complete records of patient consultation, consistent with legislation, policies and procedures.
- Effectively share relevant information and promote collaborative team working
- Prioritise, organise and manage own workload in a manner that maintains and promotes quality
- Deliver care according to NSF, NICE guidelines and evidence-based care
- Assess effectiveness of care delivery through self and peer review, benchmarking and formal evaluation
- Initiate and participate in the maintenance of quality governance systems and processes across the organisation and its activities
- Critically appraise and synthesise the outcome of relevant research, evaluations and audits and act on this information in collaboration with colleagues to continuously develop the service
- In partnership with other clinical teams, collaborate on improving the quality of health care responding to local and national policies and initiatives as appropriate
- Evaluate patients’ response to health care provision and the effectiveness of care
- Support and participate in shared learning across the practice and wider organisation
- Understand and apply legal issues that support the identification of vulnerable and abused children and adults, and be aware of statutory child/vulnerable patients health procedures and local guidance
- Understand advance practice and scope and identify how this may develop over time
- Work as an effective and responsible team member, supporting others and collaboratively work to explore and develop new ways of working
- Delegate clearly and appropriately, adopting the principles of safe practice and assessment of competence
- Prioritise own workload and ensure effective time-management strategies are embedded within the culture of the team
- Work effectively with others to clearly define values, direction and policies impacting upon care delivery
- Discuss, highlight and work with the team to create opportunities to improve patient care
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.