GP Access Hub Nurse
Purpose of role: To deliver Extended Access nurse clinics in the Coastal West Sussex area for patients of local practices.
Responsible to: Clinically – GPAH Lead Nurse
Administratively – GPAH Service Manager
Location: Various across Coastal West Sussex
Salary: £18.73 - £26.01 per hour depending on Tier level and shift pattern
Service area: GP Access Hubs
In this role the Nurse will be responsible for the provision of safe and effective primary care appointments in line with GP Improved Access hub criteria, with full access to patient medical records. Our team of clinicians will provide evening and weekend appointments to local patients referred by their own GP surgery. The post holder will take a pro-active approach to their own CPD, contribute to continually improving the clinical effectiveness of the clinics and work collaboratively and supportively with all colleagues.
- Provide Treatment Room services and others, dependant on Tier level. To include, but not limited to: wound care, cervical cytology, swabs, family planning, pill checks, CDM (Asthma, COPD, Diabetes).
- Screening: undertake opportunistic screening including BP, height, weight, BMI, urinalysis, smoking status and alcohol intake.
- Health Promotion: offer education and motivation for patients to change unhealthy behaviour. Recognise a patient’s readiness to change. Develop and maintain health promotion material.
- Infection Control: ensure that industry and company infection control standards are met.
- Emergency Management: be competent in anaphylaxis and resuscitation techniques
- Child Health and Safeguarding: recognise the signs and symptoms of child abuse and be aware of local and statutory procedures.
- Administration and paperwork: arising directly from this caseload (record-keeping, other written communications with local GP surgeries as required)
- Team meetings: essential to the delivery of team-based care, contributing to discussion of clinical practice standards, developing protocols, mutual professional support for colleagues.
- Personal CPD (continuing professional development): a mix of in-house events, private study and external educational events
- Company-wide training. Join and engage in events to maintain a good understanding of the business needs and colleagues.
|Essential Requirements||Desirable Requirements|
|Previous experience of working in a Primary Care or similar care setting||Previous experience using EMIS and/or SystmOne clinical IT systems
|Current NMC registration|
|High attention to detail|
|Excellent communication skills|
|Excellent organisation skills|
|IT Literate – word, excel, outlook|
|Ability to prioritise|
|Previous administration experience|
|Flexibility with hours to work some evenings and weekends|
|Full driving licence with the use of a vehicle|
To view current vacancies click here
If we do not have any current vacancies for this role, but you would like to express an interest in future vacancies, please contact us using our secure online form
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.