Why Work for Us?
Our staff tell us they are proud to work for IPC and feel their role makes a difference to patients and practices. Whether you join us from elsewhere in the local health economy or you are new to the NHS, we will support you in taking this next step in your career.
Throughout your time with us, you will be supported, offered great learning and development experiences and given the opportunity to progress.
We understand that being a great employer means getting the basics right as well as being creative and flexible in supporting our staff.
We advertise on a range of platforms, seeking to reach people effectively according to their potential role. We place a high value on lots of helpful initial contact, for example informal conversations to find out about roles or even visiting sites. Our recruitment team is dedicated to providing a comprehensive and individual experience throughout the recruitment and selection process.
At Innovations in Primary Care, we strive to ensure we build a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace to help us to deliver a better primary care service. We know that getting this right is critical for us to align to our organisation’s values: We care, We listen, We learn, We deliver.
Innovations in Primary Care are a Disability Confident Committed employer and we interview all applicants with a declared disability who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Innovations in Primary Care are an accredited Menopause Friendly employer.
We welcome all newly recruited employees to an induction at our headquarters in Arundel. You will meet with your line manager and members of the HR team who will provide you with your welcome pack, go through documentation checks and give you the opportunity to ask any questions. From day one, the team will be available to support you during your time with us.
As part of the onboarding process, you are also invited to our ‘Welcome to IPC’ event. This is an opportunity for you to learn more about IPC as a federation and meet other colleagues who have joined at a similar time.
We know that supporting staff effectively means different things at different times for different people. Our Staff Welfare Managers and our Training Team ensure that a variety of support is available throughout the year:
- Payroll queries and communication is vital to everyone, we enable all staff to contact our payroll team or their own Service Manager whenever they need to
- Employee Assistance Programme which includes advice, information for a variety of life topics, counselling and everything in between
- Staff social events, both adhoc and seasonal, sometimes in small groups, sometimes all together
- Teaching sessions relevant to each role (whether clinical, administrative or managerial)
- Peer support groups for many different types of role, bringing together colleagues in similar roles from across the area we serve
- Simply Thanks: our scheme making it easy and fun to award colleagues with a one-off gift and recognition for a particular moment of teamwork or care
Development and Progression
We are proud of our staff retention and particularly the high proportion of people who develop further skills and transfer to new roles with us. Our mission to support General Practice and patients means there are often opportunities to try something new with us, should you wish to. We also know that individual staff, and the healthcare service as a whole, often benefit from people moving between different parts of the NHS. When this is right for someone, as with everything else we do for our staff, we are committed to doing this well.
We are a geographically diverse team in terms of workplaces! IPC staff are to be found in GP practices, vaccination centres, admin offices and hospital sites across the area. We are proud of our staff’s ability to work flexibly and with many colleagues from other organisations. To support them in this we are committed to flexible IT, safe working environments and to regular 121 support for everyone, wherever they work for us.
All our staff are eligible for a wide range of benefits including:
- Access to NHS Pension Scheme
- Blue Light Discount Card
- Flexible working - we’re invested in supporting people in balancing their life with work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
IPC GP Federation Mission & Strategy
We believe that community and individuals are best served by local, independent General Practice. IPC’s mission is to protect and promote this by supporting GP teams to provide good patient care.
As a not-for-profit collaboration of practices in West Sussex, and with a responsive and established team, we have the following ambitions.
- Safeguard the long-term sustainability of General Practice
- Enable practices to flourish and work in partnership with other organisations
- Create, implement and share new ideas and solutions
Workforce development and support
Provide personalised, relevant courses through a rolling training programme for all primary care staff.
- Develop innovative portfolio roles and training opportunities to build resilience in the clinical workforce
- Employ, deploy and develop staff to work in Primary Care Networks
- Establish and run peer support networks across the federation area
Provide clinical services
Run accessible and equitable services on behalf of our practices:
- Through teams with many different skills, led by local GPs
- Relevant to the needs of the local population and practices
- That staff are proud to deliver and patients appreciate
- Dedicate people and time to the creation and sharing of new solutions
- Partner with other organisations to regularly find and learn from new ideas
- Support local GP teams in the evolution of their own business plans and ways of working
Small Business Support Services
Being small to medium sized businesses enables practices to be responsive and efficient.
To ensure this model remains viable we listen to what our Practices need and provide them with relevant staffing services, business management advice, training courses and practical support.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.