Innovations in Primary Care is delighted to be offering you the chance to apply for a Remote GMS Consulting role.
IPC is an innovative, not for profit and ethical company committed to protecting and promoting independent General Practice. As the local federation of GP practices, IPC recognises the need for, and is committed to, a wide variety of opportunities for GPs. We are keen that all have access to a supportive team, regular peer supervision, teaching sessions and effective ongoing systems of learning such as significant event analysis and a wide ranging programme of audit.
Remote GMS Consulting is the latest addition to our Portfolio GP opportunities and is now open for applications. Consulting from anywhere in England, the role will support practice resilience and bolster equity of access for patients during this evolving and changeable time. Practices served may be throughout the Coastal West Sussex area including Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing and inland across the western part of the South Downs National Park.
The role of Portfolio GP includes the following benefits:
- Priority (early) booking option for available sessions
- Easy visibility and booking of all available work through our advanced scheduling software at DutyDoctor.co.uk
- ½ a session a week protected time for Continued Professional Development (pro rata for part time)
- Opportunities to join regular group learning sessions and team meetings
- Experienced, prompt and well-organised support with handling complaints
- Staff social events several times a year
- Support with appraisal, access to a plethora of information and documents via TeamNet (intranet provided by Clarity for easy integration with GP appraisal)
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 8 public holidays
- Sick leave, parental and adoption benefits in line with the NHS Terms and Conditions of Service Handbook
- Eligibility for the NHS Pension Scheme
We recognise that different types of flexibility are important to different people. Therefore a portfolio role may be either:
- A set weekly pattern of hours and days offering predictability and consistent sessions
- An agreed number of hours per month (minimum 4 sessions) offering flexibility in the amount of time worked per week
The Portfolio GP role can include 1 or more of the following types of work, in which a “session” length is defined as 4 hours and 10 minutes:
£ per session per year
|*Core General Practice at 1 local practice (weekday, in hours)||As agreed with practice|
|GP Access Hub Clinics evenings and weekends (sessions that are partially or completely evenings & weekends)||£15,512|
|Remote GMS Consulting (GP Access Hub) weekday daytime (sessions that are completely during core GP hours)||£12,188|
|Urgent Treatment Centre Clinics evenings and weekends (sessions that are partially or completely evenings & weekends)||£15,512|
|Urgent Treatment Centre Clinics weekday daytime (sessions that are completely during core GP hours)||£12,188|
|Early Visiting Service (winter only)||£11,080|
|IPC Audit Programme (weekday, in-hours)||£9,972|
|Specialist Clinics weekday daytime (weekday, in-hours)||£12,188|
|Teaching Sessions for Colleagues||£12,188|
|Clinical Input to Service Design||£11,080|
|Protected CPD time||£9,972|
*applicants must have a minimum of 8 hours in core General Practice each week but this of course may be arranged by the candidate separately to the role of Portfolio GP with IPC
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further or consider applying, please do get in touch with us via our secure online form. We will be delighted to arrange for either a Clinical Director or a Service Manager to call, take your questions and discuss options.
Brief Role Descriptions
Remote GMS Consulting
Operationally integrated with our local GP Access Hub team and infrastructure, each session of 15 minute appointments can run for any 4 hour period between 8.30am and 4pm weekdays.
- Clinical duties: Speak and treat services for a wide range of patients. Prescribing is via EPS and Ardens templates are widely used with patient records.
- Administrative duties: Tasks for communication with colleagues in Practices, urgent referrals, other admin generated by the clinic.
- Teamwork: Checking in with the progress of other clinics, supporting colleagues and being supported as needed, finding opportunities to learn together regularly.
GP Access Hub clinics
The clinics provide afternoon, evening and weekend urgent GP appointments for patients at each of our local practices. Each PCN has a face to face component and a remote consulting component to the service. You will have full access to the patient's shared GP health record and so can provide a seamless service. Patients are referred to the Access Hub by their registered practice. Key responsibilities include:
- Clinical duties: appointments (a small number of clinic types may include telephone calls)
- Administration and paperwork arising directly from the caseload (urgent referrals, record-keeping, other written communications with local GP surgeries as required)
Urgent Treatment Centre shifts
This role will involve assessing and managing patients who present to the Emergency Department with conditions that are deemed suitable for Primary Care management and are not immediately life-threatening. The GP will work within an Urgent Treatment Centre model where patients will be referred by 111 and also streamed to bookable appointments at the AE front door.
The GP role will provide primary care assessment, bed-side investigations and patient management in a Primary Care setting within the Department; including, where necessary, obtaining a secondary care opinion or admission for medically unwell adults and children.
Another important aspect of the role will be to provide Primary Care input and advice to other Emergency Department Clinicians, as well as acting as a clinical supervisor and educator to GP registrars, junior medical staff and Emergency Nurse Practitioners, helping to develop their Primary Care skills.
Should you be interested in some regular work delivering our Early Visiting Service, Audit Programme, Teaching Sessions for Colleagues or Clinical Input to Service Design, just let us know and we will take time at interview to discuss what this will involve.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.